2021 Powerful Destination Peru Retreat
Time & Location
About the Event
Our group will start our trip in Cusco with a four day 3 night stay in an Air BNB. Cusco has a major airport, flights are tricky so some may need to stay a night in Lima or Colombia and book a hotel . That night stay will be booked separate and not included in the retreat price. April is the end of the rainy season in Peru. Fewer bugs and lots of greenery, great weather. A horseback riding excursion to ruins in Cusco will be setup on of the days. While in Cusco we will be adjusting to the elevation for the four day hike to Machu Pichu. The price per person in Cusco will be $1000 this includes your hotel, classes, required gratuity for Michu Pichu staff, and excursions. This price does not include food in Cusco or while traveling. $400 deposit by end of AugustThe other $600 paid by February 15th. Monthly payment plans available please contact either Kalise or Yolanda to set those up! Four day hike to Machu Pichu will be book with evolution Treks Peru. Their cost is $800 including all food, equipment, and guides. Every person hiking must fill out form through them and put down a $300 deposit but September. Links will be provided to book hike. $500 for the rest of hike payment due at pick up in Peru or prior online through the company.Trek Details:
- Hike Distance: 26.5 miles
- Difficulty: Moderate
- Duration: 4 days
- Elevation Gain: 428m/1404ft.
- Weather: See below
- Seasons: From March 1 until January 31 (February is closed for maintenance).
- Hike Trail Map: See below
- Cusco Drive Time: 2hr 45min+
- Town Nearest Hike: Ollantaytambo
- Highlights: Dry Andean valley, Last stretch of Sacred Valley, Urubamba mountain range views, scenic trail, Cactus area, local villages, wildlife: prairie horses and dogs, Vizcachas and Andean foxes, Birds; torrent Tyranulett, Black-chested Buzzard-eagle, Chiguanco thrush.
- Activities: Hiking trail, archaeological site tours, nature, and Andean community visits
https://www.evolutiontreksperu.com What you need to bring:
- Original passport (and *International Student card (ISIC) if applicable)
- Travel Insurance is essential
- Sleeping bag (not included but can be hired from us)
- Walking boots
- Waterproof jacket/rain poncho
- Warm jacket
- Hat and gloves
- Comfortable trousers
- Sun hat
- Sun protection cream (factor 35 recommended)
- Insect repellent
- Water (only until lunch time on day 1)
- Toiletries and hand sanitizer.
- Personal medication
- Torch with spare batteries (headlamps are useful)
Optional items to take:
- Walking stick (with rubber tip)
- Plasters and bandages
- Extra money
- Bathing suit (for hot springs in Aguas Calientes)
***Attendees must purchase traveler insurance for the hike. ***All payments and deposits made are non refundable. Upon any type of payment you are acknowledging this policy. Preparing for the hike: Physical demands for the trek,must be able to walk for a minimum Of 3 hours. Must be able to hike 30 minutes of elevated terrain while carrying up to 12 pounds in a backpack. Be able to do 1 hour of jogging, fast pace walk, or high intensity interval workouts. You can prepare for the hike on you own or Yolanda and Kalise will offer a 12 week training program beginning in January for a separate fee.
- Deposit Due by August 31st$400$4000$0
- Final Payment Due by Feb 15th$600$6000$0
- Pay in Full Discount$900$9000$0